Wow – what a wonderful weekend of racing in the Treasure Valley! If you missed out on the premier events that took place this past weekend, put them on your calendar for next year!
To start things off, Bobs-bicycles.com VeloWomen participated in the Spudman Triathlon featuring an open water swim at Lucky Peak, a challenging bike ride up and then back down into the valley, and a run to cap the adventure. Congratulations to the ladies in purple at this event!
It’s difficult to curb my enthusiasm for the next two events, since I was fortunate enough to participate and spectate at both. What a terrific weekend for women’s racing! The Twilight Criterium features world class racing in downtown Boise and Bobs-bicycles.com was represented in the Womens 2-3-4 category flight. The field was full of highly skilled, experienced racers, as well as a few novices brave enough to try their hand at the challenge.
The Twilight Criterium was followed up by the really terrific Idaho State Criterium Championship. I am completely serious that this is not an event to miss next year. It features a really nice course in Hidden Springs, great volunteers and organizers, and some very nice prices for the women’s field, including championship medals and cash primes.
- Spudman Triathlon Results
- Long Course
- 9th place in age group 40-44 – Kimberley Elder
- Short Course
- 2nd place in age group 40-44 – Ann Lipp
Very nice job you two! Check out the Spudman.PNG – Kimberley Elder (left) and Ann Lipp (right)
- Twilight Criterium Results
- Top 10 finish – Heather Youngwerth (8th place). Very well done Heather, representing Bobs-bicycles.com Velowomen at such a competitive venue.
- Other Bobs-bicycles.com Velowomen finishers – Karen Doherty, Erin Shelton, Sheila Barrett, Sadie Babits, and Kelsey Spiegel. Congratulations, ladies, especially to our first time criterium racers! Thank you to the many Bobs-bicycles.com VeloWomen in attendance cheering at the event – Debbie Taylor, Laura Bond, Christine Chopp, Kimberley Elder, Kris Mannion, Tricia Shaughnessy, Toni Ramey, and Gina Green!
Check out the Twilight.JPG – Heather Youngwerth (left in purple) and Erin Shelton (right in purple).
- Idaho State Criterium Championship Results
- This is our two-time Idaho State Criterium Champion in the Women’s Masters division – Heather Youngwerth of Bobs-bicycles.com Velowomen!! Heather rallied for a second day of challenging racing to defend her title and ended in a sprint to the finish. Nice work, Heather!
- Your Bobs-bicycles.com Velowomen sportswriter, Sheila Barrett, also participated in this event for the Women’s Cat 3/4 division. It was a great experience racing with a good group of ladies and representing our team. Thanks again to Kris Mannion and Tiedji Baker for showing your support on the course.
We’ve still got a few triathlons left on the schedule and then we’ll be full swing into the fall cyclocross season. Stay tuned and make it a great summer!